If you have a website selling a good product or service and your site have a good search engine ranking for the keyword phrase related to the service your website offers, you will be able to get a significant income from that site. You will not be able to achieve the targeted traffic if your site is displayed in the 20th or 30th page in the search results. But if your site gets top 10 or low rank, it will deliver traffic and generate orders It is an extremely difficult task to get with in the first 10 ranks.
Key factors for getting top 10 search engine ranking
1. Keyword Research: Reasearch for the most popular keywords or phrases related to your business and find out the keyword phrases with more popularity and less competition. Use Google adwords to find the popularity of your Keyword. Every keyword frequency, weight, size, prominence and proximity all affects the ranking.
2. Website optimization: Your website should be optimized to improve the search engine ranking. Website title tags, description tags, meta keyword tags, heading text, link url, link text, image alt, comment and web page body text are the important ranking factors.
3. Submit URL to search engine directories: Submit your url to all major directories like Google, Yahoo, MSN, and DMOZ. You can find top search engine list at http://www.websitepromotionsoft.com/submit-url-free.html.
4. Link Popularity: Link popularity is the total number of websites that link to your web site. The best links are "relevant" links from web pages related to your keyword or topic. Many search engines using this information to decide the ranking.
5. Links within your site: All your web pages should be accessible with in three clicks from the home page. Every page should be linked back to your home page and your main service(s).
6. Tracking and Re optimizing: Check your website ranking for your targeted keyword. If you are not satisfied with the rank, you should do more SEO to achieve higher search engine ranking. Repeat this until you get desired result.